Online Advertising

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kiefer Sutherland - From 24 to outer space



By Lesley O'Toole, Independent.co.uk
March 27, 2009


Kiefer Sutherland could give Twilight's Robert Pattinson a tip or two about being the hunted male star of a hugely successful vampire movie. The role which made Sutherland the Pattinson of his day was bleached blond vampire David in 1987's The Lost Boys.


He subsequently starred in two Young Guns films and with the requisite famous girlfriend, Flatliners co-star Julia Roberts was, fleetingly anyway, half the "Brangelina" of their early Nineties day. The rest of the decade bar a few bright spots (1992's A Few Good Men was one) attracted less coverage for Sutherland, personal and professional, to his still apparent chagrin.


"I remember I had Young Guns 2 come out and that was the number one film in the US for that week and then Flatliners came out the next week and it was the number one film for that week. But I couldn't get a job. I could never figure that out. Then all of a sudden 10 years later along comes 24, and I'm in a position to do some of the things I really wanted to do. I try and remember to make that second chance go to other people in my life."

Kiefer Sutherland - From 24 to outer space

 
Free advertising

Solar Power