Online Advertising

Friday, May 16, 2008

INTERVIEW: Lisa Edelstein Talks House



Below,there are excerpts from Movieweb's Lisa Edelstein interview. Lisa Edlelstein portrays Dr. Lisa Cuddy in House M.D.
Do you sense movement in Cuddy's character in recent seasons? Do you sort of see a place that she's going from here?

Lisa Edelstein: I do. I really think that her character has been filled out and that her relationship with House has become a beautiful, complicated, adult relationship filled with all kinds of subliminal messages. And it's fun to play, and even when they don't write it, I put it in.

I've always had a theory that she loves House and all of the games she has to play to keep him in line. What do you think of that theory?


Lisa Edelstein: I think that theory is right on the money. I think that she very much loves House and also lives vicariously through him because she's a very smart woman who is very successful as a doctor and has a great job and a wonderful position, but also has had less and less to do with the actual practicing of medicine as the years have gone by, so I think she's excited by what he does and how he does it and deeply frustrated by him at the same time. But as all intense people are, they're incredibly interesting and compelling, and she definitely falls victim to that.

What do you think that House thinks of Cuddy? Do you think he loves her like she loves him?


Lisa Edelstein: I think he's attracted to her. I think he likes her smarts. I'm not sure House is capable of love the way other people are. I think he's so disconnected to himself in that way that it would be impossible for him to truly be able to connect to somebody else. I mean, I think he loves Cuddy and I think he loves Wilson, but I don't know that it would be in the same way they love him.

So you said you're starting right back up again, you're still aiming for a fall premiere for season five?


Lisa Edelstein: Oh, yes. We're starting season five. As soon as we finished season four, we started season five. We're working straight through until August. Usually we have May and June off, so we work through to August, then we take a break for a few weeks, and then we come back and work through December. So, barring an actor's strike, that will be our schedule.

Movieweb,12/5/2008,written by Brian Gallagher

 
Free advertising

Solar Power