Online Advertising

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jason Statham talks Transporter 3,Crank 2 and The Brazilian Job (IGN.com)


Q: Are you stoked for Crank 2?

JASON STATHAM: It's hard to talk about this script because you look at The Bank Job, a true story that is full of intrigue, surprise and deceit, and Crank is just like from the f****** stratosphere. It's so out there. It's so wacky. It's so unbelievable, but at the same time it's the Neveldine and Taylor edgy, mad filmmaking that they do so well. It's fun. It's entertainment. Some people think it's sheer horse s***, but every person that I've met has actually said it's terrific. I'm sure there's some people who don't like it. You can't please everybody. And I, particularly, love it.

Q: Are you excited to get back to playing Chev?

STATHAM: Yeah, I said to the chaps or they said to me, "You know we've written Crank 2?" And I said, "There's no way." And they literally sent it over. They write very, very quickly. They sent me it and I was thumbing through it with a box of tissues just laughing and crying going, "This is absolutely silly! When do we make it?"

Q: What's the other film you're doing?

STATHAM: Transporter 3. It's pretty much done. We'll be on a plane to Paris.
Q: Will the third one reflect the tone of the first one?

STATHAM: It's -- you know what -- I'm not going to say too much about it, but it's in a spot where I'm very happy with it, if that makes sense. It's got a bit for everybody in it. I think it's a decent script.

Q: Are there any other franchises you'd like to be a part of?

STATHAM: Yeah, there's quite a few. I'm not going to name them. It starts to sound like sour grapes that you haven't got them. Or, "Why didn't I get that part?" Or, "You said I'd get that part!" But there's a couple of things that I know I'd be really good for. There's a possible chance that they might come my way. If they do, both have a great potential to be great franchises. It's always great to do franchises. Sly's done a few. They work well. The Die Hards and the Lethal Weapons. You get a good one and you can keep them going.

Q: What's up with the Italian Job sequel?

STATHAM: You know, I've been talking about that for two years: The Brazilian Job. I think somebody should just erase it from IMDb. Save us all a problem, and put it back on there when it's fully due and ready. I don't know. It's one of those things that's just sitting around.

Q: It sounds like your schedule's pretty slammed. How about a vacation?

STATHAM: I'm gonna do Transporter 3, and I'm gonna do Crank, and then have a little holiday after that. IGN.com 4/3/2008

 
Free advertising

Solar Power