Online Advertising

Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Memoriam: Kim Manners



Kim Manners looks into his monitors as yet another take is completed on "Audrey Pauley," episode 13 of the ninth season of The X-Files.

By Alice Jester,blogcritics.org
January 27,2009


Kim Manners, executive producer and director for Supernatural, as well as long time producer and director for The X-Files, died on Sunday evening after a battle with lung cancer. Below is the official statement and reaction from Eric Kripke.

Supernatural executive producer and director Kim Manners passed away last night in Los Angeles, following a battle with cancer. Below please find a statement from Supernatural creator and executive producer Eric Kripke:

"Everyone at Supernatural is walking around in a daze, shocked and absolutely devastated. Kim was a brilliant director; more than that, he was a mentor and friend. He was one of the patriarchs of the family, and we miss him desperately. He gave so much to Supernatural, and everything we do on the show, now and forever, is in memory of him."

When I first started watching Supernatural, little did I know that I was reuniting with a director whose work I’d been watching most of my adult life. Something about the episodes he directed seemed very familiar, and one quick visit to IMDb told me why. His fingerprints were all over a wide variety of shows. He directed 52 episodes and was a producer for one of my favorite programs, The X-Files. It’s funny how when I watched TV back then I, like many others, only paid attention to Mulder and Scully, and cursed the name of creator Chris Carter when the mythology ran amuck. I seemed to gloss over the other names in the credits.

In Memoriam: Kim Manners, Supernatural Executive Producer And Director

 
Free advertising

Solar Power